Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 153 - Fence Started

Today I dropped by the house to check on the fence given that it is on the side of the house that there has been a little bit of an issue with in terms of the ground level. It was lucky I went by because I was basically going to lose about a square metre of my block because they were going to stop the fence at my garage instead of continuing it on meaning that I couldn't get into 1 section of my property that would only be big enough to store some wood or bricks or something given how narrow it is but my neighbours backyard would have been about a square metre bigger.

I've asked them to extend the fence down another metre and a half to my neighbours garage so we'll see how we go and if they do it...however they told me they would.

I also took a few photos of the front now the render is complete. I'm pretty happy with how it came up, there is a splash of colour without being over the top and all of the colours go together.

There hadn't appeared to be any progress work on the house, there were still red dots throughout. I didn't receive my normal update call today even though my site supervisor said he would give me an update today on when he would expect to settle.

Pictures from the completed facade are below....


From the driveway side....From the front of the house

Front again..
Front again...

Projection render.....the colour is Dulux DreyfusThe projection render...the colour is Dulux Bullring
The side of the house...this will have a fence up hopefully within the next week or two.

The fence between the neighbour going up...
The fence again....

I was also told by the estate that Metricon need to replace the footpath after the gas company dug it up to lay a pipe.


Hopefully we settle next week but given we've had no progress yet we'll see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,

    1) How is your experience so far with Metricon?
    2) Have you conducted any independant inspection from Kevin or other?
    3) Was the house compelted before time or in-time or gone over?

    I'm building with Metricon too @ Marriott Waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soham,

    Answers are:
    1) Metricon has been quite good. The site supervisor I've had has been great. The customer service people, during the planning stage and building can lack a little service at time but it is because of the large amounnt of work they have to do. The studio M people were great. Overall they've been on part if not better than most other builders we had come across.

    2) I have had independant inspections at every stage except for the base as they did the base and frame at the same time. I would highly recommend it, they have picked up a lot more things over the journey which has saved me money in the longer run and time as well having to fix issues after it was too late. I went with Buildspect.

    3) So far we're about 154 days in and we're about 7 days from handover. They gave us 284 days to biuld the house so they did it about 4-5 months earlier than they needed to, but again that comes back to the site supervisor and how organised they are. If you're building double storey expect it to get a lot closer to your contract date.

    I hope it all goes well.

    Regards,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben,

    Thanks for all the info - it really helps and gives you peace of mind. We're thinking of doing the inspection but only pre-plaster & pre-handover. is frame/base necessary? did they pick lot on yours? Your house is looking very good and the selections are also very nice. Have you guys moved in yet?

    Good luck with all!

    ReplyDelete