Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 139 - Is The End In Sight?

Today I had my usual Wednesday phone call from my SS. It had been roughly 2 weeks since our last chat due to my phone dropping out last week and me being in meetings when he called back earlier this week.

Things are still progressing, the floorboards has slowed things up a bit and caused the most delays however they should be installed next Monday and should take a couple of days to finish off. This week the driveway is meant to be started if not finished depending on the weather. Apparently the site was scheduled to be cutout for the driveway today.

The rendered section at the front of the house is also planned to be painted by the end of this week all things going well. There are a few other items that need attention including:
  • Deadlock fitted to rear garage door
  • Painting touch-ups
  • Check plumbing to sinks
  • Check mortar on one side of the house which looks discoloured
  • Check expansions joints, there is one missing
  • Install double glazed tri-stacker doors
Hopefully we'll have our inspection on Friday next week after Quality Assurance on Wednesday and we may even have the keys the following week all things going well assuming the bank can get their act together.

I'll see if I can get some updated pictures soon, at this stage it probably won't be until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment