Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 95 - Up, Up & Away

You might have thought by the title of this post that this means we're getting closer to finishing. Well I guess we are, but it isn't what the subject is referring to.

On Saturday I dropped by the house to show a friend how it was coming along. After getting out of the car and walking around the easterly side of the house we noticed some scatter pieces of Evaporative Cooling unit on the ground. "Is you're evaporative unit in" he asked, "Yes" I responded. "Isn't yours the same colour as that one on the ground" looking at a 2 foot by .5 foot piece of evaporative cooling casing the on ground, "Yes" I responded again. Perhaps we should have a look to see if I'm missing any of it.

After walking around to the back of the house and gazing towards the roof I realised that a piece hadn't been blown off, the whole thing had. All that was left of the evaporative cooling unit was the pipe that goes into the roof. The whole thing had been blown off in the wind on Friday.

There were scattered pieces of it on the land next to our block, the majority of it which was about a metre squared was about 40-50 metres from the house, it's a good thing no one was hurt or there wasn't any houses there. At least it happened before we moved in, not sure how it came lose but it did, so we'll have to get a new one. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because I didn't have a camera with me.

As for everything else things are coming along well. I had a call late Friday from my SS who told me painting was all done, the plaster hasn't been fixed yet but there will hopefully be someone out this week to check if there was any water damage over the last few weeks, they'll also fix up a few of the cornice and wall issues we're having.

The tilers will be in action this week, with the electrical fitoff and plumbing fitoff hopefully also taking place towards the end of the week depending on how quickly the tilers finish up. We only have wet areas to do because the rest of the house is carpet and floorboards.

After the tilers we'll have about 10-15 business days to wait for the shower screens and splashbacks to arrive and about a week or so after that we should be in for our final inspection. At this stage it would appear as though we're only about 6 weeks or so away from finishing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment