Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 76 - Plaster Complete

We're about 2 and a half months into building and today our plaster was completed. All of the skirtings are done on the roof and the floor. This week the kitchen is expected to go in whcih means we would have finished the fixing stage by the end of this week and next week we'll be into completion...the final stage.

It is safe to say that things have gone up really quickly, we've been lucky and haven't had any delays with brickies etc. The front has been a little delayed due to someone pinching the cedar for the top of the house which was apparently inside. That's probably still a week or two away.

I had a chat to my SS today and below are the updates.
  • Windows that didn't have rubber seals:
    The window eave bricks need to be pulled out, the window fixed and the bricks put back in. Initially I told him this and he said na we'll just put some sealant..then when I said i wanted it replaced he said ok, we'll just put the seal back on. Today he acknowledged everything has to come back out.

  • Bricks Cleaned
    Today the bricks were cleaned....they came up great...I'm really happy with the job they did.

  • Plaster Issues
    From what I can tell we haven't had too many issues but tonight when I was out there I could see some minor defects which will need to be fixed prior to painting, which is meant to begin next week.

  • Doors Delayed
    All of the internal doors have gone in except for the doors in the master bedroom due to a delay in stock. SS said they should be a few weeks away. The rest look great though.

  • Window Packing
    I highly doubt that the windows were packed when they put the trimming on. I'll see if they vibrate when I shut them and perhaps we might need to resolve that issue later on.
We heard that our neighbours have their final inspection on the weekend and they are planning to move in within the next few weeks. They are more than happy to use the fencing company that is doing most of the estate however after talking to the estate design panel they advised me that my neighbours will most likely need to put in some wood panels to hold up the soil between our blocks.

The issue appears to be because they dug out their block that they need to re-inforce it, that's going to be something that we're going to have to talk to them about, let's hope we agree on how to go forward to start off the relationship on the right foot.

The next few weeks should include: cabinets, painting & tiles. I better get onto my inspector to get the fixing stage inspection done asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment