Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 132 - Carpets Installed

Today I received my weekly update from my site supervisor...unfortunately my stupid iphone cut out half way through the call and refused to let any incoming calls be answered so I didn't get to have the chat I was after. I dropped Metricon an email asking him to call back but I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks to my iphone I have no planned inspection date, my SS hadn't been onsite since Monday morning had he was hoping the floorboards were installed yesterday. We dropped by the house today to find no floorboards but carpet in throughout the whole house. They had to leave the edges unfinished until the floorboards are done, hopefully they'll be finished by the end of this week.

To our surprise Metricon had also filled in the slab with soil around the house. In a couple of instances they covered up blemishes in the bricks that I already have pics of and by kicking away a section of dirt can hopefully get them to fix it.

The rubbish bin is also gone which is great given someone in the estate dumped a heap of rubbish in it over the weekend. I also queried the air conditioning control because we paid for a digital thermostat of which we have nothing installed, just a manual controller. We originally asked for it to be all put on the one remote which they said was possible but we're now told that because we have different brand ducted heating to evaporative cooling it isn't possible, however we will get 2 programmable remotes.

We're almost over the line, hopefully our inspection will be next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment