Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 111 - Lights On, Cooling Up

I missed the call from my SS last week so it has been a fortnight since we last spoke. I fired off a quick email this morning to ask some questions in relation to the progress given it has really been non existant for the last week and a bit since the tiling was completed.

We chatted for about 5 mins, discussed a few bits and pieces which I thought Casey and myself could go out tonight to check out. What we found was a very nice sight.

The electricals have all been fitted off, all the doors are locked, but we could turn on the garage light..and guess what IT WORKED!! :) The downlights inside look great, all of the external power points are complete, the lights above our island bench are in and look fantastic.

The plumbing fitoff has also been completed, the sinks are in, taps are in, showers etc....everything looks very noice! The powerpoint for the water heater is on the wrong side of a downpipe but I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do there. I've flagged it, we'll see what happens.

The evaporative cooling unit has also been replaced, lets hope this one stays on in the wind. All of the cooling vents are in and they also look great.

There is a little bit of rectification work still to be done including the electrical pole in the bedroom, they have actually knocked this back in from what I could see through the window but they still need to fix up the hole and they also need to fix up the fridge cavity plaster which isn't square.

We found today on approaching our block that our neighbours have installed security shutters. It would appear they are the first in the estate to install them and I now feel like I'm living in the middle of downtown LA with gunmen running the streets, oh well, we'll put up the fence and live with it.

The rear neighbour has also started building, their house will be relatively to the fence to take advantage of the northerly sun for their alfresco based on the slab configuration. It looks as though it is a single story home, at least I hope it is so it doesn't block our northerly sun to the alfresco.

Where to from here I hear you ask, well, our clean is scheduled to occur next Wednesday, after all of the plaster rectification work is done (if it ever gets done, we've been waiting about 1 month for it). The following Monday floor tiles will go in with the carpet going in on the Friday. Once the carpet is in we're basically finished, Metricon will have their Quality Assurance guys through and we'll be in for our inspection not long after.

From there it takes about a week for our bank to check the house and issue the cheque, it also allows a few days for any recitification work to take place and also enough time for the Certificate of Occupancy to be ordered.

Based on the current dates it looks like our inspection might even scrape into this month, worst case at this stage it will be early next month. I'm having some blinds measured and quoted on this week so I'll get some pictures while I'm onsite. I'm also having someone come to quote and give me some advice on a deck under the alfresco.

Its all very exciting, we just can't wait to get a few more weeks in to get our inspection date to know that we're closer to moving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment