Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 46 - Bricks Started & Outstanding Issues

It's hard to believe we've been building for a month and a half now. Things are starting to take a little bit longer than they did in the first month. Now we're starting to get into the tricky bit of building where we have identified a few issues and building is continuing and the issues aren't getting resolved too quickly.

I think part of the reason things don't happen quickly is because I don't have much contact with my site supervisor because I need to go through my customer service co-ordinator who just forwards on my email. Based on this I think they sometimes don't comprehend what the issues are and therefore are unable to resolve them in a reasonable efficient manner.

I'm still yet to pay for the frame stage installment because the 3 issues that were identified haven't been resolved. On a more positive note the window that was upside down has been turned up the right way. The tri-stacker door at the rear still has the single glazed glass in it.

New Issues:

1. Hot Water System in Wrong Location
We moved the hot water system so that we could fit a water tank between the downpipe and bedroom window however the plumber has roughed in the water tank wherever he thought might be best.
2. Wrapping Has Come Off
In the wind over the last few days the wrapping has blown off.


3. Gutter / Fascia Dropped Off
The fascia and gutter dropped off a small section of the front. This is no biggy, the site supervisor knows about it it is just a matter of getting it put back on.

4. Board is coming off wall
This hopefully won't be a big one either, it could be caused by the wind coming in from the west side of the house but the board has popped over a nail and is bent. It may not be that easy to see in the photo but up close it is pretty obvious.

Last week I had the plumbing rough-in take place, it all looks pretty good except they put the hot water system in the wrong place as mentioned above. I'll be interested to see if they can move it or if they'll propose I leave it where it is.

I bumped into a neighbour yesterday while at the block. She built with Metricon in another estate and has had 4 years worth of issues. The main issues appear to be with plastering and tiling so I'm thinking I might follow up with my SS to see if he's booked in good plasterers rather than the 16 and 60 year old's that apparently plastered this other ladies house.

It looks like the tri-stacker door is going to need to be pulled out of the frame to replace the door panels so I want to get that sorted out within the next couple of weeks before plastering gets done but I'm not liking my chances.

This week the bricking will continue, hopefully the wrapping will get fixed, the electrician is meant to be onsite at the end of the week and the plumber back next week. The correct front door (or what I think is the correct front door) has arrived onsite as has the rear window which was on back-order because they had delays with glass deliveries I'm told.

The mortar looks a little darker than it is meant to be at the moment but I think that's because it hasn't dried yet. Apparently it takes about 4-6 weeks to reach its final colour. I'm really hoping it dries up a lot and ends up quite a bit lighter, at the moment it's basically grey and blends in with the bricks.

VIEW ALL PHOTOS AS A SLIDESHOW

Latest update with the bricks starting to go up:

The bricks at the side of the house:
The bath frame was also started this week:
Plumbing rough-in started:
The new door and window onsite:

VIEW ALL PHOTOS AS A SLIDESHOW

I've requested a meeting onsite this week with my site supervisor so I'll see how that goes and maybe provide another update afterwards. For now I'm not feeling that great until we have a few of the issues above resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment