Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 53 - Another Day Closer To Lock-Up

Things are moving along quickly and I like it! We're making good progress, there are things going wrong that need to be fixed, but for the most part they are all things that are par for the course.

At the start of last week I was concerned about some of the issues we'd been having but as more progress has been made the house is looking good and I'm happy with how things are coming along.

I went on site today because I had to get a few things sorted out and I caught up with my site supervisor while I was there. We did a walk through and by the end of it I felt pretty good about the things that had to be resolved.

Last week we had our evaporative cooling and ducted heating installed, the bricks continued and are now almost finished I would assume that it should be finished by tomorrow. The plumbing rough-in was finished today, however the plumber hasn't punched the holes through the bricks for the hot water system. Initially he did but he was told by the SS to fix it and he would incur any costs to have the brickies out to fix anything he stuffed up, if he stuffed it up.

The garage that co-joins the neighbours garage is really messy on the side, but they are going to clean it up when they're finished, they didn't roll any of the mortar even though they could have walked in the gap which is small, but not that small.


The shower bases are now both in:

The bath is in:
The evaporative cooling and ducted heating:
The ensuite doors are installed, you might mistake the bedroom for looking a little more like a camp site:
The view from the sitting room towards the back of the house next room is the family room and at the back the rumpus room:
The evaporative cooling unit on the roof and the bricking pretty much complete along the side and back. I'm really happy with the colour of the bricks with the roof, gutters and facia:
The side of the house bricked up:
Initially the power outlet was all bent on the side but that has now all been completely fixed and its sitting in nicely.


Over the coming week the lock-up is expected to be completed. My SS said that we're well ahead of schedule at this point which is nice to hear. There are still a few frame issues outstanding, all of which were picked up by Metricon's quality control people.

The rear door is still a bit of an issue, the double glazing still isn't in, the door doesn't quite slide properly and the padding is just slapped together but that will hopefully be fixed this week.

There are probably a few more things I could put down but I'll save them for another time!

Happy for comments on colours or progress etc!!

No comments:

Post a Comment