Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 27 - Frame Complete

Very exciting times. Today I got a call from the Site Supervisor, it's the first time that I've spoken to him because I missed his call a few weeks ago and he didn't call last week. He seems like a good guy, he is motoring through getting the frame up, other Metricon houses in our estate are taking a little bit longer to go up compared to ours.

My SS told me that the roof should be finished (he hadn't followed up yet) and that the fascia and guttering would be starting today. At this stage, the roof tiles might be started by the end of the week. I visited the block today but I didn't get any images because it was too dark. The guttering and fascia were pretty much finished. There was a pile of sand in the driveway, most likely for the bricks but no roof tiles on site yet.

The tri-stacker door has been installed, however only the single door is on at the moment. The front door frame is also onsite but not yet installed. Even though it was dark and we don't have roof tiles or bricks yet the woodland grey guttering and fascia looked good.

I have an appointment booked in on Friday for my first inspection with my building inspector. Theoretically the builder is meant to stop going but they are motoring on despite the inspection. I'm sure if something bad comes up they'll have to stop and get it fixed.

The roof looks really high, it's going to be great seeing it all come together as they start the external walls over the coming weeks. I'll aim to get some photos on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment