Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 18 - Slab Complete

The title of this one is a little misleading. The slab was actually laid on Friday which was day 15. On Wednesday when we visited the block the foam and reinforcements were on site ready to be laid. On Thursday they mapped everything out and Friday the slab was finished.

We had a browse around today, initial thoughts were that it looked bigger than what we expected but after looking where each of the pipes were going it appeared a lot smaller.

The biggest thing we noticed was that our slab is very high up from the street. We have a 5 metre set back and by my rough measurements today the front porch will be about 85-95 centimetres above the street level. We weren't anticipating it before but it looks like we're going to need some stairs, the driveway will also be relatively steep. That's enough, now for the pics.

I took about 24 pictures so each picture below links through to a slideshow.

View from the driveway.


View from the back...


View looking from the alfresco.


Height of the slab from the side.


View of the garage from the side.

My site supervisor called me on Friday for the first time and left me a voicemail but not a return phone number. He told me that they were hoping to have the frame started by the end of this week.

Hopefully next week I'll have some frame photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment