Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 4 - We have a fence!

Casey and I drove by the block on Saturday to take a closer look at the site scrape. The site plans are starting to make a bit more sense to us now that we're seeing a few things starting to happen.

I'm still yet to receive a call from Site Supervisor or my new Customer Service Co-Ordinator. I'll give it a few more days before I chase it up. We dropped in to the display village (the biggest in Victoria!!!) at the front of the estate while we were there to check out a couple of newly opened Metricon homes. Nathan who sold us our house was there and said that we should be in by Christmas all things going well.


From the front of the block, couldnt' get a better shot because of the car parked in front.

Kenny's favourite room.

Standing at the back corner of where our house will be, you can see the dig out in the far right for the garage.

About a 30cm drop off, the rest of the fill was spread over the site. You can also get a feel for how big our back yard will be by looking at the house next door and where their back fence is.

Given I haven't heard from anyone at Metricon yet I'm not sure what the time lines are like but I would expect that we would have a slab within 2 weeks weather permitting. This week I'm expecting to see the plumbing finished and then the slab layed next week.

I was looking at the plans today and where I moved to the hot water system to I'm not overly happy about, I should have left it where it was. I initially moved it towards the back of the house on the side to fit in a water tank but based on where the new down pipe is it might struggle to fit anyway. We'll see what happens.

I also had a bit more of a browse through the building permits and noticed that our house was rated 6.3 stars in energy efficiency which is great.. The label only has 5 in it so that's a positive :) I think the main reasons we achieved this rating was:
  • Double Glazed all Windows
  • Added more air vents for evaporative cooling
  • Upgraded the Ducted Heating to 4 star
  • Upgraded the Evaporative Cooling to 4 star
  • The house runs South / North with little living area and only 1 window at the back facing north.
That's about it for now, hopefully I'll find out some more timelines this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment