Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 1 - Site Start

Yesterday I received a call from my Metricon Customer Service Co-ordinator to advise me that we had a tentative site date...TODAY, weather permitting. Given it never rains the site scrape went ahead first thing.

I went out to the block quickly last night to remove the lock from our tap given that Symonds next door have basically finished their brick work and I managed to get a snap (apologies for the quality) of the heavy machinery sitting, waiting!

I was actually surprised how quickly this phase went by. It took Metricon about a week after we were unconditional with finance contracts and our council report and consent to submit the building permit but it only took 2 days. A couple of days later they started ordering everything for our site start, a day later ordering finished and 3 days later we were onsite and the site scrape was taking place.

Yesterday when I was on the site Simonds had their fence a couple of metres into our block and despite us trying to do the right thing and given them a heads up they they had to clean up the crap they had on the side of our block and asking them politely to move the fence so we can start they didn't. Casey checked on it during her lunch hour to ensure it didn't impact our site start and it looks as though someone dismantled the fence to dig the site out.

Our block actually sits quite a lot higher than the block next to us. The block has gone from about a 30-40cm drop off to the front to about 1 metre after it. We'll see what happens from this point on.

At this stage I'm anticipating the plumbing to go in early next week with the slab laid the following week. I'm yet to receive a call to advise me of our my Site Supervisor is, hopefully that will happen soon.

Anyway, exciting stuff...now we're officially started!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment